This year’s SS16 collections are a bit more down to earth and they include some elements any woman can relate to. I can say the same thing about the spring outfits that can be created with these trends in mind, obviously.
What I love about this season is that no matter what is your style and body type you will find something great for you in the designers and retailers’ collections. This is a huge deal somehow and I am glad we are seeing some sort of variety.
And since I felt inspired by the colors and positive vibe these collections sent towards me, I decided to create 28 spring outfits to inspire all of you.
Some of these spring outfits will look good on all body shapes, while others will look amazing on some body shapes and not as good on others so, as I always say, check your body type, then check the section dedicated to your body shape (hourglass, pear, apple, inverted triangle, rectangle) and see what you can incorporate into your spring’s wardrobe!
What I love the most from this spring’s trends?
- The makeover of the off-the-shoulder tops
- The bold/artsy flower prints
- This season’s color palette
- The bag designs and bag colors (love that this season is all about colorful bags and not simple, neutral bags)
- The statement earrings – I so missed these! I love, love, love statement earrings!
- The cuff bracelets – because they still look amazing
- The platform sandals because they are chic and comfy at the same time
If you think spring collections are too girlie or too boho for you, think about some ways you can add contrasting vibes and to get the spring outfits in the direction you want them to be. If you still have no idea how to do that, here are some examples:
- Beige ruffles are too feminine? Add a black leather jacket!
- Love the ruffles but have no idea how to wear them? Combine a ruffled top with a classic pencil skirt or a ruffled skirt with a simple top if you don’t want to overdo the look.
- Don’t know if you can wear flower prints at the office? You can if you combine the flower prints with some classic neutrals!
- Wondering if stripes are business attire appropriate? If you keep the rest of the outfit simple and you select classy colors, yes they are more than perfect!
These are only some questions you might have, but feel free to scroll through the outfits below for inspiration and stay tuned since more spring fashion articles will follow this one.
Owner & Editor In Chief at YoYo Style
PR lover, research freak, coffee addict, fashion enthusiast and music weirdo. "Be the best version of yourself" - that's my mantra!
Latest posts by YoYo (see all)