Sunburns, itchy skin and redness – the best way to describe last summer’s experience. You don’t want to repeat that disaster, right? Summer skin routine is delicate and essential for the health of your body, not only your face. Before the blazing sun damages your skin again this summer, make some smart changes to your care routine. Although skin can repair itself and regenerate , it’s important to take very good care of it.
First of all, how does the sun affect our skin? During really warm summers, sun rays are very strong and UV radiations can wreak havoc on exposed skin. What happens when we expose ourselves for too long? Wrinkles, fast aging, excessive oil and sweat, skin discoloration and collagen loss! These are the worst consequences of sun exposure. Now that we know them, it’s time to find solutions and ways to prevent or avoid these problems. Don’t worry, you can still enjoy a seaside vacation, if you do it right. Here are some tips and tricks for dazzling skin:
- “Pre-load” on sunscreen – Cover your entire body, every single night before you go to be, 2 to 3 weeks befire intensive sun exposure. This makes your skin less likely to burn.
- Use skin care products with Vitamin C as it is a really strong antioxidant that will fight sun damage while also reducing the risks of ending up with sunburn. In addition, if you have acne, vitamin C is great for preventing and reducing it.
- Use thermal water on a daily basis. Many facial sprays include natural minerals that will calm your skin. Tip: put the mist in the fridge for a couple of hours. After applying it, you will feel fresh and your skin will be revitalized.
- Exfoliate – this summer, if you don’t get rid of dead skin cells, your face will look dull and dry. Your pores will be clogged. Choose a natural scrub, with peach seeds or, even better, prepare your own homemade scrub, using honey, green tea and sugar. A good weekly exfoliation makes your skin a good base for moisturizers and toners.
- Now that you exfoliated your skin, it’s time for a tonic mist, to swipe away the sweat and dirt trapped in your pores. It’s important to keep your skin fresh by using a non-alcohol based facial toner.
- Choose a high SPF. It’s important to wear sun scream all day long, but especially between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the UV radiations are particularly strong. A SPF higher than 30 will protect your skin from visible aging, dehydration and sun spots.
- Choose a water based moisturizer to prevent your skin from being oily and greasy. The dermis is made out of 70% water and the epidermis includes 15% water. It’s vital to keep the water levels balanced.
- If you have shiny skin, use a perfume free sulfur soap, which reduces flushing and oil production.
Don’t forget these words: deep clean tone, refresh, protection and moisture! They’re going to be your Bible lecture this summer!
Owner & Editor In Chief at YoYo Style
PR lover, research freak, coffee addict, fashion enthusiast and music weirdo. "Be the best version of yourself" - that's my mantra!
Latest posts by YoYo (see all)