Before developing a personal style, you should check if you have the “must haves” of all wardrobes. Is there such a thing? Yes, of course!
If you have the basics you will never have the “I have nothing to wear” problem.
Ignore the trends and the dress codes for a second and let us find out what you should definitely have in your wardrobe:
– tank tops – at least two tank tops – one beige and one white
– one white office/ casual shirt, or two if you know you like to wear them
– the one and only little black dress – make sure it fits your body shape!
– cardigans – nude, crazy colors, elegant cardigans, casual cardigans. Many cardigans!
– classic jeans – you can use them in so many occasions so make sure to find a pair of jeans that looks good on you. Classic jeans, ok? No cuts, no prints!
– an elegant coat – try a classic one
– a blazer
– a black skirt – if you can wear a pencil skirt that’s perfect, if not try an A cut skirt
– scarves – many scarves! you can completely transform your outfit with them
– bras – white, black, beige (choose the perfect size and shape for you)
– one nude dress
– one colorful dress (check the colors that suits you)
– a pair of stilettos (black and/ or metallic colors)
– oxford shoes for lazy days
– tights – black, grey
– 3-4 belts – for jeans, for trousers and for dresses and skirts (see THIS ARTICLE for examples and How tos)
– 2-3 tops
– 2 pair of classic trousers
If you have all these things in your wardrobe, that’s amazing! If you don’t, make sure you buy them. You will forget about the headaches caused by “Oh my god, I have to go somewhere and I should go shopping because I have nothing to wear!”
You can combine the wardrobe basics and create many outfits. You will never have to worry again!
Owner & Editor In Chief at YoYo Style
PR lover, research freak, coffee addict, fashion enthusiast and music weirdo. "Be the best version of yourself" - that's my mantra!
Latest posts by YoYo (see all)